- ABOUT US
- MEDICAL DIRECTOR
- CLINICAL STAFF
- SOCIAL WORK STAFF
- OTHER DISCIPLINES
- ADMINISTRATIVE STAFF
- AWARDS & CERTIFICATES
Our staff consists of a multidisciplinary treatment team which includes a nursing, social work, and substance abuse counseling.
Lanre Somorin MD
Our President and Medical Director is Lanre Somorin. He graduated medical school in 1991 from Univ of Lagos, Nigeria. He began treating Substance abusing patients in 1994 whilst in Stevenage, UK. He graduated from Montefiore Medical Center, Bronx NY in August 1999. He then completed a one year fellowship in Addiction Psychiatry from Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx NY where he was Assistant Clinical Professor until June 2011 and continues as a Guest Lecturer in their Addiction Psychiatry fellowship program. He has over 17 years experience in providing Behavioral health and Substance abuse treatment. He has served as Chairman and Medical Director of Orange Regional Behavioral health Dept, as well as a Consultant to the US Military on Substance Abuse treatment.
Graduated Medical School, 1991
Completed psychiatry residency program in Montefiore Medical Center, Bronx NY 1999
Completed Addiction Psychiatry fellowship in Albert Einstein College of Medicine/Montefiore Medical center in 2000
Board Certified in Adult Psychiatry and Addiction Psychiatry
Board certified by the American Board of Addiction Medicine
- Former Medical Director and Chairman, Dept of Psychiatry, Orange Regional Medical Center, Goshen NY
- Former Medical Director of the Horton Family program for chemical dependency
- Former Consulting Psychiatrist to the Rockland County drug court and a long term residential substance abuse facility
- Listed as Top Psychiatrist in the Hudson Valley Magazine yearly from 2006- 2011
Jennifer Moragas, MS, CASAC
Mrs. Moragas has worked at a women's community residence as a substance abuse counselor as well as in an outpatient substance abuse clinic. Responsibilities included intakes, assessments, treatment plans, case reviews, case managing, individual, group and family counseling. She has experience in working with those with trauma issues, mandated clients and co-occurring disorders.
Mrs Moragas is also a co-author for a publication to develop and implement a training program for Law Enforcement called Implementing and Evaluating a Pilot Program for Law Enforcement Officers to Reduce Trauma. She and her co-authors have presented at the Association of Assessment in Counseling and Education (AACE) 2010 Conference, Memphis, TN and a poster session at the American Counseling Association (ACA) 2012 Conference, San Francisco, CA.
B.A in Elementary Education from Kean University- 1995
MS in Mental Health Counseling from Walden University- 2012
Credentialed Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselor obtained May 2013
Permit Holder in Mental Health Counseling-June 2012
Active member of the American Counseling Association (ACA)
Sabrina Sanchez LMSW, CASAC-T
Sabrina's career began working with adolescents and families at risk. She provided counseling to high school students classified with learning challenges, attention deficit disorder and hyperactivity disorder and behavioral issues. In her second advanced internship she counseled survivors of physical violence and sexual abuse.
Credentialed Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselor Training Program, Orange County Community College, May 2011.
Fordham University Graduate School of Social Service, February 1993
Bachelor's Degree, Bard College
- Experience with providing support, treatment and advocacy to adolescents and families at risk. Special populations include, but not limited to, individuals with substance dependency, victims of sexual assault, and adolescents identified with learning challenges and behavioral issues.
- Experience providing outpatient abuse treatment services to individuals in recovery. Responsible for conducting intake interviews and assessments, psychosocial evaluations, individual and group counseling, and guiding clients through the SAMSHA’s prevention curriculum
Louis Russo, RN, BC
Lou began his career as a Mental Health Worker in 1977 at Arden Hill Community MH inpatient unit. While there he became an RN and went on to work at Catskill Regional and Bon Secour Hospitals in psychiatry and addictions. He worked 7 years with the chronically mentally ill in residential settings as a nurse with Americare CSS. Most recently, he worked at Phelps Hospital in Sleepy Hollow in the Dually Diagnosed units as an RN and Catholic Charities as an addictions case manager. Lou is an ANCC board certified nurse in psychiatry and mental health, and has a BA in psychology from Fairleigh Dickinson University as well as an MS in Wholistic Nursing from Westbrook University.
Suzanne Krump, MA, CASAC-T
B.S. from Lehigh University, 1984
M.A. in Mental Health Counseling from Nyack College, 2001
Credential Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselor Trainee Certificate, obtained December, 2011
- Catholic Charities, June 2010-August 2011: Worked as an intern and per diem substance abuse counselor in the outpatient clinic, with responsibilities encompassing the areas of intake, assessment, evaluation, treatment planning, individual and group counselin, and case management. Special interest and experience in leading faith-based groups and working with individuals struggling with issues of shame and/or low self-worth.
Laureen Van De Weert